- This event has passed.
Episode 3 – Becoming an Expert in Your Field: The Power of Passion, Consistency, and Sacrifice
May 20th @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDT
A Journey in Employability and the Entrepreneurial Mindset: Be Inspired! Inspire Others!
We invite you to join us in our third virtual event of the series entitled, Becoming an Expert in Your Field: The Power of Passion, Consistency, and Sacrifice, as Dr. Blas Villalobos, DSW, shares his experiences as a Veteran Marine and his role in supporting Veterans through his dedicated advocacy.
Learn what it takes to succeed and how we all share common roadblocks and obstacles in our individual efforts to reach success. Join in on this inspirational discussion and leave with new hope and readiness to address the future of work.
Some of the Takeaways:
- It is ok to not know what career field you want to follow, but it is important to narrow it down as early as possible.
- Becoming an “expert” in your field of work is a lifelong process. We are always learning.
- We often have to make sacrifices in order to pursue the career path we are most passionate about.
- We have to understand the process takes time, and we have to be patient and eager to learn.
- Network, network, network. Identify a mentor, and other people in your field of interest, and start asking questions.
About Dr. Blas
Dr. Blas Villalobos currently serves as Director of Veterans Affairs at Chapman University, where he addresses the unique needs of student veterans, military personnel and military families.
Prior to his current position, Dr. Villalobos served as Veterans Affairs Manager for Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Office of Veterans Affairs, as well as Executive Director of Community Programs and Veteran Services for U.S.VETS.
Dr. Villalobos is a Marine Corps veteran.